4/2/13

Easter



(Lately I've been posting songs that I like and that go with the mood of my post. Please feel free to listen or not while you read)



This Easter we invited some friends over, who like us found themselves without family around this holiday. I love when we do this because it just doesn't seem like a holiday without a house full of people. Plus my mom only knows how to cook for an army, so this it nice to have friends help us make a dent in the abundant feast. 


After dinner we took the dogs on a walk. You really couldn't have asked for better weather on Easter. 



I'm still kicking myself for not capturing the grandeur of this view so a big thanks to KK who sent me the ones he took. They turned out really spiffy.



When I talk about Washington to people most the time they go off about how rainy it is and they can't seem to get past that.  I'm not about to deny that we get our fair share of grey days, but it's not grey everyday and when that sun does come out prepare yourself because it's a sensory overload of the evergreen state kind.


One thing me and my sister have come to a mutual conclusion on, is that every place we've lived has had it's "Draws" (Sun, Green, Oceans, Mountains, Financial Stability..etc.) and "Drawbacks"(Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Blizzards, Tornadoes, Traffic, Floods...etc.).  Life has taught me that if you choose to fixate on the drawbacks, you'll be missing out on chances for new experiences and adventures...and you probably won't be very happy.  I've kind of adopted an attitude of "enjoy where your today because who knows where life will take you next". I'm mostly preaching to myself so if I read this on a "grey day", I can adjust my attitude accordingly. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Leigh and I get the same "why do you want to go back to Washington? It rains all the time." We could deal with the rain because the non-rainy days were spectacular! The beauty the nature up there is unmatched any place I have lived. Even the rainy days I felt soothed by the sound of the drops on the roof. I'm glad you had a good Easter. Tell your mom I say hi!